STAFF interviewed 4 May 2007 by Inspector M.Pinho
Processo Vol I pages 86 to 90; pages 91-103 being passport
Today we, I and my colleague L.Madeira, spoke with Mrs
Silvia Maria Correia Ramos
director of maintenance and services for the company "GREENTROUST",
which manages the "OCEAN CLUB" company, contactable by
mobile phone 964....
Through her, we contacted, Donna_Louise_Rafferty_Hill
(contactable by mobile phone number 964...) manager of the
creche staff for the "MARK WARNER" company,
responsible for Madeleine and the twins for several periods
each day after the McCann family arrived in Portugal.
The latter advised us that all these employees are English
nationals and that they came to work in Portugal from
March/April until November; that there are 13 people who
work in the creche, their names and telephone numbers being
as follows: [NOTE: Phone numbers withheld]
- Pauline Francis M.
- Emma Louise W.
- Sarah Elizabeth W.
- Susan bernadette O.
- Leanne Danielle W.
- Shinead Maria V.
- Jacqueline Mary W.
- Kirsty Louise M.
- Lynne R.F.
- Catriona Treasa Sisile B.
- Stacey P.
- Lyndsay Jayne J.
- Amy Ellen T.
--- It was determined further that all these girls live
outside the complex [resort], although quite close to it,
and that Catriona B. was responsible for Madeleine during
the day yesterday.
--- Stacey P. was the staff member responsible for the
--- Usually, it is always the same young woman who cares for
the same child.
--- The latest arrivals in Portugal were Sarah W. and
Charlotte Pennington who arrived last Saturday, April 28th
2007. --- The informant, responsible for coordination,
distributed the children between the various girls, taking
care that each child was unknown to their carer.
--- The informant noticed nothing abnormal up to today and
that no one was absent from work except those who were on
their day off.
--- All the carers have made themselves available to speak
with the police.
In our informal conversation with Catriona Trease Sisile B.,
also known as CAT, she stated:
1. That she arrived on March 21st 2007 and that she plans to
return to the UK on November 7th 2007;
2. That she cared for Madeleine since Sunday April 29th
2007, daily until yesterday and that she always worked the
3. That yesterday Madeleine arrived at 9.10. It was her
father, Gerry, who brought her;
4. That her mother, Kate, picked her up at 12.25;
5. That her mother, Kate, dropped her off at 14.50 and
picked her up at 17.30;
6. That in the same room as Madeleine, there were 6 other
children in the morning and 4 in the afternoon (including
7. That she did not see any strangers in the complex during
that time or previous days.
8. That on the first day, Madeleine was shy. On the
following days she was more calm and uninhibited. Yesterday
she was joyful.
9. That she was never far from Madeleine, keeping her under
visual supervision at all times when she was her
responsibility, even asking her permission to go to the
10. That, over the days, she noticed no change in the
behaviour of the child's parents;
11. That she noticed no abnormal situation relating to this
12. That Madeleine had not told her about any person who had
contacted [spoken to] her in recent days, nor [about] any
possibly suspicious conversation.
In informal conversation with Stacey P., she stated:
1. That it is she and her colleague, Shinead, who usually
cares for the twins;
2. That yesterday, it was the informant who cared for the
twins, her colleague was on her day off;
3. That the children were dropped off by their parents at
9.30 and that the mother picked them up at 12.30;
4. That it was the father who dropped them off at 14.30 and
that it was the mother who came to fetch them at 17.30;
5. That she saw no-one strange in the surrounding area;
6. That the behaviour of the parents was always perfectly
7. That she arrived in Portugal on March 18th and that she
returns to the UK on November 7th 2007.
--- That it was not possible to speak with the rest of the
carers, notably Shinead, because most of them were
absent and there exists higher priority work;
--- Attached are copies of the female employees' passports;
--- Attached is a list of their names with the recorded
dates of arrival for each, [and] the planned date of
leaving, among other things;
--- Also attached are the creche attendance registers for
the children, of the recent days.
Signed: Manuel Pinho, Inspector.